St. Mark’s United Methodist Women continues to build on a rich heritage of mission outreach. Our members are involved in church and community projects that make our world a better place in which to live.
The local unit helps prepare its members for leadership in the organization and in the local church, as well as leadership in community organizations. We have a purpose that is fulfilled through our participation in local projects and through our financial support of projects beyond Baytown.
As a community of women, let us continue to be intentional in our efforts to support one another as we answer our individual calls to service through the unit, through the church and through community organizations. Let us also appreciate and applaud those around us who are living out their call of ministry to the world.
May was a busy month for St. Mark’s Women. We cooked up casseroles and soups for any-one in need, worked on pillowcases, and ended with the Women’s Tea. June is going to be a little quieter, but we still have plenty going on.
- Our Prayer Team will meet Monday June 10th at 9:30 AM in the Library.
- Ceramics meets on Monday evening, June 10th at 6:00 PM in the Ceramics Room. This group works on the Ceramic Nativity Sets that are given out to the children at Christmas each year. For more information on this, contact Connie Walding.
- Since we won’t need to work on casseroles and soups this month, we’ll have a gathering June 17th at 6:30 PM in the Parlor. Contact Sharron Wood for more information on this meeting.
- Our Pillowcase Project is still ongoing. Currently we have 62 pillowcases waiting to be sold. We’d like to have about twice that by the July 13th Community Craft Fair. If you want to sew, but need some directions, contact Sharron Wood. If you don’t sew, but want to contribute, we are accepting donations of money and fabric. For those who have already donated, our sincere thanks!
Remember, all of these events are open to ALL St. Mark’s Women. We’d love to have you join us anytime you can.
Sincerely, Sharron Wood 832-597-6103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit programs are held during the even numbered months—read the Messenger for details.
Meetings of individual circles are as listed below and are held in the Church Parlor unless otherwise indicated.
- Friendship – Second Monday, 6:00 p.m., Ceramics Rooms
- Mary Tarrant – Third Monday, 1:00 p.m.
- Prayer Group – Second Monday, 9:30 a.m., Conference Room
- Chrismon Group – Time and Date to be announced
- Susanna Wesley – Second Monday, 6:30 pm