St. Mark’s United Methodist Women continues to build on a rich heritage of mission outreach. Our members are involved in church and community projects that make our world a better place in which to live.
The local unit helps prepare its members for leadership in the organization and in the local church, as well as leadership in community organizations. We have a purpose that is fulfilled through our participation in local projects and through our financial support of projects beyond Baytown.
As a community of women, let us continue to be intentional in our efforts to support one another as we answer our individual calls to service through the unit, through the church and through community organizations. Let us also appreciate and applaud those around us who are living out their call of ministry to the world.
Our St. Mark’s Women have been busily working on pillowcases of all themes to sell at Christmas in July at the Baytown Community Craft Fair. We’ll continue working on those through the months of May and June. Everyone is welcome to help with making these. If you can’t help with the actual making of pillow-cases, we’d truly appreciate a donation of fabric or money. This is going to be our main fund raiser for this year to pay for our Mission Projects. Please notate donations for Pillowcase Project.
- The Prayer group will meet Monday, May 13th at 9:30 AM. This meeting is in the Library.
- Ceramics meets on Monday evening, May 13th at 6:00 PM in the Ceramics Room. This group works on the Ceramic Nativity Sets that are given out to the children at Christmas each year.
- Our Casserole Ministry will be preparing new soups and casseroles on Monday, May 20th at 9:00 AM. These casseroles and soups are given to those in need due to various reasons such as illness or hospitalization. This is also another opportunity for donations, if that is your preferred way to help. Please notate donations for Casserole Ministry.
These activities are all open to any St. Mark’s Women. We need lots of help with each project, so please come and join us in any or all of these projects. Looking ahead to June, we will begin collecting items and making the Hygiene Kits for UMCOR. Details will be provided at that time. For more information, contact Sharron Wood email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Unit programs are held during the even numbered months—read the Messenger for details.
Meetings of individual circles are as listed below and are held in the Church Parlor unless otherwise indicated.
- Friendship – Second Monday, 6:00 p.m., Ceramics Rooms
- Mary Tarrant – Third Monday, 1:00 p.m.
- Prayer Group – Second Monday, 9:30 a.m., Conference Room
- Chrismon Group – Time and Date to be announced
- Susanna Wesley – Second Monday, 6:30 pm