To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Our VCI Vision team went through an in-depth vision and planning process two years ago to determine the future direction of St. Mark’s. This video walks you through the process and shows you the result of diligent prayer and exhaustive research.
Feeding God’s Children
- We will be a church seeking to meet the physical needs and spiritual hungers of our members, guests, and surrounding community.
- We will be a caring and nurturing family that makes strong connections and attends to each other’s needs.
- We will be one congregation that offers life-changing worship in both traditional and contemporary styles.
John 21:15 “Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?’ ‘Yes, Lord,’ he said, ‘you know that I love you.’ Jesus said, ‘Feed my lambs.’”
1 John 3: 1 “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!”
Forming Jesus’ Followers
- We will be a church that invites members and guests to follow Jesus.
- We will be a warm and friendly spiritual home for every age and stage of life that offers a path for faith development to help all grow in their relationships with God.
- We will be a congregation that invests in the future by paying special attention to the care and spiritual nurture of children, youth, and their families.
Hebrews 12:1-2 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Furthering Christ’s Kingdom
- We will be a church that is generous with our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. Blessed to be a blessing, we will “pay it forward”.
- We will be a congregation that strives for excellence in everything we do – worship, music, programs, education, communications, administration, stewardship, staff and lay leadership development, and maintenance of our campus.
- We will be a mission outpost, using our campus as a gathering place for outreach to the Baytown area and for activities furthering God’s work, with an emphasis on building relationships with children, youth, and families in our community.
Matthew 5:14-16 …”You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
We believe God has called us to make a difference in this city.
We believe in walking next to people for their entire life as they draw closer to God.
We believe we are set apart to be builders of God’s kingdom of justice in mercy in Baytown.
We believe all people are called to a life of joy and meaning in Christ.