Welcome to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church!
St. Mark’s is a vibrant and growing United Methodist Church in the heart of Baytown, Texas. Our focus at St. Mark’s is to feed God’s Children, form Jesus’ followers, and furthering Christ’s Kingdom. Every Sunday we worship God seeking to encounter God and impact our lives. Each Sunday we have three services, Sunday School, and The Gathering.
- 8:30 a.m.
- A traditional service in the Sanctuary that celebrates communion monthly and has a full choir
- 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday School classes occur for groups of every age throughout the church.
- The Gathering features a time to mingle and eat a light breakfast in the South Activity Center.
- 10:45 a.m.
- Traditional Service – a second traditional service in the Sanctuary that celebrates communion and has a full choir.
- 11 a.m
- Refuge Service – a contemporary service that celebrates communion weekly in the North Activity Center
We have visitor parking available near the entrance to the church and we would be delighted to see you on Sunday.
Making disciples means committing to the whole life of the Christian. We have ministries focused on all ages from the youngest child to the oldest saint. Our hope is that we can walk with you step by step through your life. In the ministries section of this website you can learn more about them.
There are activities from scouts to small groups meeting at the church nearly every day. If you are looking for the times for these meetings of specific groups, please take a look at our event calendar.
Finally, we believe the work of God means making a difference in our community and in our world. Here are some of the ways we seek to make a difference:
- St. Mark’s has several “mission days” throughout the year where we work around Baytown.
- We support many local ministries and charities with time and resources.
- We have a community garden that is worked on by the Life Skills program and students at Sterling High School.
- Our youth make several mission trips a year through trips such as UM ARMY and Big House.
- Our congregation typically participates in one international mission trip a year
St. Mark’s is a wonderful place for you and your family to start or continue your journey with Christ. We would love to see you on Sundays or anytime in between!