Welcome to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church!
St. Mark’s is a vibrant and growing United Methodist Church in the heart of Baytown, Texas. Our focus at St. Mark’s is building faith, disciples and community through the power and love of Jesus Christ. Every Sunday we worship God seeking to encounter God and impact our lives. Each Sunday we have three services:
- 8:30 A traditional service that celebrates communion weekly
- 10:45 Refuge Service – a contemporary service that celebrates communion weekly in the activity center
- 10:45 Traditional service that celebrates communion monthly and has a full choir.
We have visitor parking available near the entrance to the church and we would be delighted to see you on Sunday. Click here for a map and and contact information.
Making disciples means committing to the whole life of the Christian. We have ministries focused on all ages from the youngest child to the oldest saint. Our hope is that we can walk with you step by step through your life. In the ministries section of this website you can learn more about them.
There are activities from scouts to small groups meeting at the church nearly every day. If you are looking for more information about a specific group, please take a look at our event calender.
Finally, we believe the work of God means making a difference in our community and in our world. Here are some of the ways we seek to make a difference
- St. Mark’s has several “mission days” throughout the year where we work around Baytown.
- We support many local ministries and charities with time and resources
- We have a new community garden that is being worked by the Life Skills program at Sterling High School
- Our youth make several mission trips a year through UMARMY and Big House among other things
- Our congregation typically participates in one international mission trip a year
- Our SWIFT team looks for ways to help people with immediate needs
St. Mark’s is a wonderful place for you and your family to start or continue your journey with Christ. We would love to see you on Sunday or anytime in between!